Updated: Mar 4
Another cold week 🥶 has flown by (because I feel like this year is going faster than normal...) and there's a lot happening in my life. If you don't already know, which you probably do since it's all I talk about these days, I'm moving across the country in a matter of weeks with my husband. 🙈
So right now my every day is filled with a lot of emotions, and a million and one thoughts at the speed of light. Music and my husband, Steven, are getting me through this really weird transitional time. 🤔
I know lots of people are going through a lot of changes right now. The world is changing every day and our lives are spinning along with it. 💕 I'm hoping these next 5 Current Track Obsessions help bring you peace, smiles, and a little head bopping. 🎶
(Also, I noticed that not all my Spotify tracks are playing from old blog posts. I am also including a YouTube link in case you are having issues!)
1. Learning in Public - Allie X
* From the very first beat, I was intrigued. I love the sound, the lyrics, the subtext. And the faster tempo chorus is a perfect balance.
2. 1,000,000 X Better - Griff, HONNE
* This mashup is genius. I absolutely love HONNE, and the addition of Griff's voice makes me love them more! But, anyways, THIS TRACK is amazing. The tempo and overall aesthetic make it a must on your playlist. (And then go check out other HONNE songs!)
3. 21 - Gracie Abrams
* This is the song that's been in my head every day this week. I am OBSESSED! I don't usually select a specific song to listen to the second I get in the car, that shuffle button is perfect for me. But this song makes me want to listen to it over and over. It's cool and helps me with all those emotions I'm processing.
4. Something Good - MAYLYN
* And this is my anthem of the week, the song I'm belting in the shower. Because MAYLYN is speaking the truth with these lyrics.
5. Plastic Ferrari - Gregory Dillon
* I cannot listen to this song without instantly smiling. I sincerely love everything about this catchy, sweet, and funky track. It sounds a little dated, but I think that's something I love about it. (And if you love it as much as I do, the music video is definitely worth its weight in gold and everything you would expect it to be!)
This is just the tip of the ice burg when it comes to the new music I've discovered this week, so follow me on Spotify for more like this! 🎧 My current February playlist is entitled "Going, Gone." and is encompassing the tunes getting me through packing, moving emotions, and cold winter days. 💗
Remember, each Thursday, right here at 9pm CST (shortened Instagram blurb at 12pm CST) I'll be sharing the names of 5 songs that I'm currently obsessing over. If you'd like to follow the Current Track Obsession playlist in real-time follow me Rachel Brooks Peterson on Spotify! 💖