Updated: Mar 4
Well, it's been another cold week in the frozen tundra. 🧊🧊🧊 I say it every winter, all winter... but I really dislike winter. Especially the post-holiday winter, which is what we're entering into. Like Christmas, New Years', my birthday, and Valentine's Day are over, it's time for warm spring to come out and the snow to go!
So, with spring on my mind, I've been daydreaming about sunny 😎 weather in our new home... It's crazy to believe we are so close to leaving after almost a year of planning this exciting change (plus a wedding in there 😅!) Since we will be packing up our vehicles and tackling the 17-hour drive sooner rather than later, there are a lot of "See You Laters" and "Goodbyes" happening right now. 💗
These next #5 tracks added to my Current Track Obsession 🎧 playlist are pumping me up and keeping me excited (which I totally am) while I experience some chapters in my life closing. They also have a flare of springtime in their moods, since I'm already picking pieces out of my Spring/Summer wardrobe and pairing everything with light jeans and white sneakers these days... 🌷🌞
1. Boulder - Cate Downey
* The most catchy song on this week's list, and a must-add due to its title! But nonetheless, every time this song comes on I'm singing along.
2. Somebody Sometimes - FITZ, Fitz and The Tantrums
* Let me introduce you to Fitz and The Tantrums. If you don't already know them through their spectacular hit "Moneygrabber" then you need to change that. They have a cool, unique sound that mixes a little old with a little new. This song is a little more on the modern side, but still pretty sweet.
3. Young Lovers - Dutchkid
* It's this kind of song that seriously makes me miss living in New York. I don't know, there's something about the laid-back, cool vibe paired with a steady beat that reminds me of something I would have streaming through my headphones on a walk through the Upper West Side...
4. Colours - Thunder Jackson
* This is Steven's favorite pick of the week, and I agree with him, it's a pretty sick beat. I love how uptempo this track is, it makes me want to dance around! And Thunder Jackson's sound fits the theme perfectly.
5. Do You Ever? - Phil Good
* What makes this song great is its lyrics. They hit a little home with self-doubt questions. So as you can imagine, this song brings up a lot of moving emotions. And the fact that its melody and beat are catchy and bright really makes me like it more.
A Thousand Miles - SADBOii
* This week I'm including this song by SADBOii's as a bonus track! It's a cover of the ICONIC Vanessa Carlton tune that we all belted at the top of our lungs at one point or another (don't deny it.) Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of covers... but every now and then a cover comes along that is just really, really good. And this one is really, really good. It took Steven and I a solid minute to realize that this was in fact Vanessa Carlton's "A Thousand Miles" because of its unique sound and aesthetic entity. Do I love Calton's version any less? No way. I LOVE Vanessa Carlton. But this adaption is a must-listen.
Let me tell you, this week was a TOUGH ONE! 🤯 I found so many really fabulous tracks that narrowing it down to 5, well 6, was nearly impossible. So if you like what you hear, I sincerely encourage you to mozy your way to Spotify and give "Going, Gone." my February playlist a listen. You might find another gem that becomes part of your 2021 soundtrack. 🎶
As a reminder, each Thursday, right here at 9pm CST (shortened Instagram blurb at 12pm CST) I'll be sharing the names of 5 songs that are currently taking over my car stereo. If you'd like to follow the Current Track Obsession playlist in real-time follow me Rachel Brooks Peterson on Spotify! 💖